- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Network.
- Choose Internal Modem from the Show pop-up menu
(or the "Configure" pop-up menu prior to Mac OS X 10.1). If
your computer does not have a built-in modem, select your external
- Click the PPP tab.
- Type in your username and password. The username
goes in the Account Name field . Select the "Save password"
option unless you want to type the password every time you
- Click the TCP/IP tab.
- Choose either PPP from the Configure
- Leave the DNS address fields blank
- Click Apply Now.
To use the connection
- Open Internet Connect. It's in the Applications folder.
- Be sure the Configuration pop-up menu is set to your modem.
- Click the Connect button